2/27/2006

perspective

Although I missed most of the Winter Olympics, I read a summary of the low/high points of these games and found this gem from U.S. speedskater Joey Cheek. It's a great quote to remind us to stay grounded.

"'What I do is great fun,' he told reporters of skating compared to the charity. 'It's a great job. I've traveled the world and made great friends. But it's pretty ridiculous -- I skate around the ice in tights. And I've trained my whole life for this.'"

If you stop and think about it, what most of us do could be classified as "pretty ridiculous" -- doesn't mean it's not fun, but we're no firefighters...

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's definitely fun. It's not fair to the rest of the world, especially firefighters.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home