11/14/2006

new circus


Over the weekend we went to the Cirque du Soleil show here in DC. It was unreal, I truly felt like I had entered into a fantasy world for 2 and 1/2 hours. Music and visuals were perfectly timed to provide ups and downs of emotion, from sadness to laughter to wonderment. Juggling, tightrope acts, oversized trampolines, giants, and people flying through the air dangling from 5 helium balloons were all part of the act. The only slight disappointment was the ending, which felt more like a gymnastics meet than a circus. All things considered I was, and still am, in awe.

This was the first Cirque du Soleil I've seen, so I was unaware that the show takes place in a tent. That was a nice surprise - it felt authentic and intimate.


2 Comments:

At 6:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy, do i envy you guys !!
i've got 8 Cirque du Soleil DVDs which i keep on watching and never get tired of, but i've never seen them live :(

 
At 1:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cirque is always a moving experience. A friend of mind put it in her top 5 list of things everyone should see before they die. I also saw it in DC, though it was in 1998. I'm sure not much has changed though, from your description. If you're ever in Vegas you must see Mystere and O.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home