11/29/2006

automobiles


Over the weekend Andrea and I rented Pixar's Cars. It was wonderful, you'd probably have to be in the right mood to watch it without kids around. We still laughed a lot.

I was most amazed at the way they bring the cars to life. Other Pixar movies like Toy Story, Incredibles, Nemo - those movies were built on objects that already have mouths and eyes, so making them talk and giving them a personality isn't that much of a jump. Cars don't have as much inherent personality and emotion about them, but these animators worked their wonders and I felt more joy and sorrow with these animated cars than for human characters in other not-so-great movies. Just incredible.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Blogger michelle marts said...

Reminds me of the Honda ad "It must be Love" where all the people look like their cars...

 
At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fav car is Green VW. This character is nice

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home